Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A writer I like...

I've decided to go with Flannery O'Connor. I have recently read, (or at least read part of ) a anthology of her short stories called "The Compete Stories." If you've taken American lit you've probably read her, or at least heard of her. I personally enjoy her writing. For the most part she writes stories that deal with fairly common themes -- human morality, narcissism, religion, racism -- however she does so in a very thought provoking and enjoyable way. Two of the most notable stories I encountered in the anthology include: "A good man is hard to find" and, "Everything that rises must converge."

Here's a link to a website that is dedicated to her: http://www.andalusiafarm.org/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks--I just love Flannery O'Connor, and recently used her stories in an advanced fiction writing class. And did you know that Brad Gooch, on staff here, just published an excellent biography of her? Take one of his classes on her if you can get in....

    ReplyDelete